McVITIE’S DIGESTIVE CHEESECAKE
FOR THE BASE:
- McVITIE’S DIGESTIVE 2/3 OF 400 gr PACK
- UNSALTED BUTTER 1/3 PACK (75 gr)
FOR THE FILLING:
- CREAM CHEESE 4 PACKS (800 gr)
- FRESH CREAM 1 LITRE
- EGG YOLKS 2
- ICING SUGAR 2 CUPS (200 gr)
- VANILLA 1 SACHET (5 gr)
- GRATED LEMON PEEL 1 LEMON
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- BLACKCURRANT JAM 3 1/2 CUPS (350 gr)
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Refrigeration time: 2 hours
- Crush the biscuits in a blender. Melt the butter and mix it with the biscuit crumbs.
- Press the butter and biscuit mixture into the base of a baking tin or dish.
- Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Add the egg yolks, vanilla and grated lemon peel.
- Gradually add the fresh cream and continue beating until fluffy.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base and refrigerate for about 2 hoursuntil set.
- Top with blackcurrant jam.
- Serve cold.
For CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE blend 100 gr of cocoa powder into the cheese filling.
DIGESTIVE ICE CREAM WITH CINNAMON & HONEY
- ICING SUGAR 1/2 CUP
- MILK 1/2 CUP
- CINNAMON POWDER 2 TEASPOONS
- McVITIE’S DIGESTIVE 1/2 OF 400 gr PACK
- HONEY 1/3 CUP
- FRESH CREAM 2 CUPS
- EGG YOLKS 5
Preparation time: 1 hour | Refrigeration time: 2 1/2 hours
- Combine the milk and the fresh cream in a small pot and stir over low heat.
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix all together and allow to set.
- Pour mixture into a container and freeze for 2 hours, mixing periodically until the ice cream can be scooped.
- Crush the biscuits in a blender and mix with the honey.
- Finally, stir the honey-biscuit mixture into the ice cream and freeze for another 1/2 hour.
MILK CHOCOLATE DIGESTIVE MYCAKE
- CHOCOLATE DIGESTIVE 300g OF MILK
- BUTTER 80g
- SUGAR 150g
- CREAM CHEESE 250g
- MILK OF TABLESPOONS 2
- STARCH 90g
- MILK 1lt
- SUGAR 140g
- BITTER COCOA 35g
- CREAM 500g
- POWDERED SUGAR 60g
Preparation Time: ca. 30 minutes | Cooking Time and Cooling: 2 hours
- Prepare the chocolate cream, pouring in a pan sugar, cocoa and starch. Add milk while stirring.
- Heat and make it boil.
- Remove from the heat and cool the cream covering the pan with a layer of cling film.
- Blend Milk Chocolate Digestive, melt butter and stir them together.
- Once the mixture is uniform and smooth, pour into single-dose ramequins, pressing well on the bottom, then keep in the fridge to make it harden.
- Whip sugar with cream cheese and milk’s tablespoons.
- Pour the mixture in the ramequins, then add chocolate cream and keep it in the fridge.
- Whip cream with powdered sugar and decorate before serving.
Ingredients for approx. 30 servings:
- 400 G DARK CHOCOLATE
- 250 G BUTTER
- 225 G PEANUTS (NOT ROASTED AND UNSALTED)
- 250 G WHOLEWHEAT DIGESTIVE BISCUITS (E.G. MCVITIE’S DIGESTIVES)
- 7 EGGS (SIZE MEDIUM)
- 350 G FLOUR
- 1 SMALL PACKET OF BAKING POWDER
- 500 G SUGAR
- 1 SMALL PACKET OF VANILLA SUGAR
- 1 PINCH OF SALT
- 50 G WHITE CHOCOLATE
- FAT AND FLOUR FOR THE PAN
- BAKING PAPER
- 1 ONE-USE PIPING BAG
- Mash the dark chocolate. Melt the butter over a bowl of warm water. Mash 75 grams of peanuts and 125 grams of biscuits. Whisk the eggs with an egg whisk. Mix the flour and the baking powder in a bowl. Add 400 grams of sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, eggs, butter and the chocolate mixture. Mix all of these for a short time with the egg whisk of the hand food mixer to form a smooth dough. Fold in the peanuts and the biscuits.
- Grease a dripping pan (30 x 38 cm) of the oven and dust with flour. Fill with the dough and smooth out. Bake in the pre-heated oven (electric oven: 175 °C/ recirculating oven: 150 °C/ gas: see the manufacturer) for 20–25 minutes. Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Simmer 100 grams of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a pan until the sugar has dissolved. Add 150 grams of peanuts and allow it to caramelize whilst stirring for approximately 2 minutes. Place onto baking paper and allow to cool. Mash the white chocolate and melt over a bowl of warm water. Fill the chocolate into a small piping bag, cut off a small corner and use it to garnish the 125 grams of biscuit (8 biscuits). Allow the biscuits to dry.
- Break up the caramelized peanuts and the garnished biscuits. Cut the brownie into pieces and decorate with peanuts and biscuits.
MCVITIE’S CHOCOLATE BISCUIT TART
Ingredients for approx. 12 servings:
- 300 G DARK CHOCOLATE
- 550 G WHIPPED CREAM
- 100 ML MILK
- 15 WHOLEWHEAT DIGESTIVE BISCUITS (MCVITIE’S ORIGINAL DIGESTIVES)
- CLING FILM
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove small curls (approx. 25 g) from the chocolate. Chop finely 275 g of chocolate. Heat 400 g of cream in a pan and remove from the oven. Add the chocolate and allow it to melt for 2–3 minutes in the hot cream. Stir the mixture until smooth and leave to cool for approximately 30 minutes, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Rinse out the springform pan (diameter 26 cm) with water and line it with film. Heat the milk gently. Divide 3 biscuits into quarters. Soak the biscuits in the milk for a short time. Place 4 biscuits into the pan and fill the larger gaps with 4 biscuit quarters.
- Beat the chocolate cream for approximately 1 minute and spread half of it onto the biscuits. Layer the remaining biscuits and chocolate cream in the same way and top it off with the biscuits. Leave the tart to cool for approximately 5 hours.
- Remove the tart from the springform pan, turn out onto a try and remove the film. Beat 150 g of cream until stiff and spread it gently all around the tart. Leave to stand cold for approximately 10 minutes. Serve the tart on a cake platter and decorate with the chocolate curls.
Preparation time approx. 35 minutes. Waiting time approx. 5 1/2 hours. Per serving approx. 1510 kJ, 360 kcal. Protein 4 g, Fat 27 g, Carbohydrates 24 g
MCVITIE’S YOGURT AND STRAWBERRY PIE
Ingredients for approx 14 servings
- 200 G MCVITIE´S ORIGINAL DIGESTIVE ORIGINAL
- 150 G BUTTER
- 8 SHEETS OF WHITE JELLY
- 500 G NATURAL YOGURT
- 250 G FRESH CREAM CHEESE
- 1 SPOON LEMON JUICE
- 100 G SUGAR
- 100 ML MILK
- 200 G CREAM
- 300 G STRAWBERRIES
- 150 G STRAWBERRY JAM
- MELISSA FOR GARNISHING
- Fill a freezer bag with the biscuits and finely crumble them using a rolling pin Melt the butter and mix with the crumbled biscuits.
- Grease the openable pan (Ø 26 cm). Puor on it the biscuit mixture, spead evenly, and let it cool.
- Soak the jelly into a lot cool water. Melt the yogurt with the cream cheese, the lemon juice and the sugar. Warm up the milk into a smal pan, remove it from the fire, squeeze the jelly and melt it into the milk.
- Add 2 spoons of yogurt mixture and stir it till it becomes homogeneous. Add it to the remaining yogurt mixture and melt quickly. Let the cake cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Whip the cream and add it as soon as the the creams begins to gel. Pour the cream on the biscuit crumbles bottom and level out.
- Let the cake become solid in the fridge for 4 hours. Wash the strawberries, cleanse them and chop them in halves or quarters. Before serving, garnish the cake with the strawberries. Drip the fruit jam on the cake and garnish with the melissa sheets.
Preparation: 30 minutes, Waiting time approx 4,5 hours. Per serving approx. 360 kcal. Protein 6 g, Fat 20 g, Carbohydrates 26 g
Ingredients for approx. 18 servings:
- 1 1/3 OF A PACKET (APPROX. 540 G) OF MCVITIE’S ORIGINAL DIGESTIVES
- 75 G BUTTER
- 225 G MASCARPONE
- 15 G ICING SUGAR
- 150 ML COLD COFFEE
- 300 G WHIPPED CREAM
- COCOA POWDER FOR SPRINKLING
- 30 G MOCHA BEANS FOR DECORATION, ALTERNATIVELY LEMON BALM
- CLING FILM
- Line a rectangular springform pan with cling film. Place half of the biscuits into a freezer bag, close tightly and crumble them finely using a rolling pin. Melt the butter and mix with the biscuit crumbs. Press the resulting mixture into the springform pan. Leave to stand cold for approximately 30 minutes.
- Stir the mascarpone and icing sugar until creamy, pour on half of the coffee and mix well. Beat the cream until stiff and fold in. Immerse the remaining biscuits in the rest of the coffee. Place the cream and the biscuits into the springform pan in layers. Sprinkle with the remains of the coffee. Leave to cool for 2–3 hours.
- Sprinkle the tiramisu generously with cocoa, remove from the pan and cut into pieces. Decorate with mocha beans and lemon balm if desired.
Preparation time approx. 40 minutes. Waiting time 2–3 hours.
Per serving approx. 1220 kJ/290 kcal. Protein 3 g/Fat 19 g/Carbohydrates 10 g
MCVITIE’S NUTS & PEACHES SMALL CAKES
Ingredients for approx 12 servings
FOR THE CAKES:
- 75 G BUTTER
- 50 G SUGAR
- 1 PINCH OF SALT
- 1 MEDIUM EGG
- 1/2 TEA SPOON MICHED CINNAMON
- 1 TEASPOON OF BAKING POWDER
- 100 G FLOUR
- 2 SPOONS OF MILK
- 150 G MCVITIE´S ORIGINAL DIGESTIVE BISCUITS
FOR THE CREAM:
- 200 G FRESH CHEESE
- 100 G CRÈME FRAÎCHE
- 3 MEDIUM EGGS
- 50 G SUGAR
- 50 G MINCED NUT KERNELS
- 3 PEACH HALVES
- 50 G SUGAR
- 25 G BUTTER
- 2 SPOONS OF VANILLA LIQUOR
- 200 G CREAM
- 1 VANILLA SUGAR BAG
- Warm up the oven at 180*. Put the paper cups into the holes of a muffin mould Melt the softened butter, the sugar and the salt in order to make a creamy mixture, then add the egg. Mix together the cinnamon, the baking powder snd the flour, Add to the creamy mixture together with the milk.Reduce the biscuits into crumbles and add them as well into the mixture. Fill in every paper cup with a spoon of creamy mixture and, using some flour to avoid it sticking on the fingers, push the paper cup content on its bottom.
- Melt the fresh cheese, the crème fraîche, the eggs, the sugar and the minced nut kernels. Pour it on the dough and bake it for 30 – 35 minutes. Let it cool on a baking tin
- Drain the peach halves and chop them in thin cloves. Warm up the sugar, 100 ml of water, the butter and the liquor, stiring till it thikens, then let it cool. Whip the cream and toss on it the vanilla sugar. Garnish the muffins with the peach cloves. Add on top some spoons of whipped cream and toss some drops of syrup.
Preparation: approx 1 hour, Baking time approx 35 minutes. Per serving approx. 400 kcal. Protein 8 g, Fat 27 g, Carbohydrates 31 g
DIGESTIVE ORIGINAL CHEESECAKE BY FABIO BALDASSARRE
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 150G OF BUTTER
- 2 TABLESPOON OF SUGAR CANE
- 250G ORIGINAL DIGESTIVE BISCUITS
- 5 TEASPOON OF CORNSTARCH
- HALF-LEMON JUICE
- 100ML OF CREAM
- 600G CREAM CHEESE
- 2 EGGS AND 1 YOLK
- 1 VANILLIN SACHET
- 100G OF SUGAR
- 1 PINCH OF SALT
- 1 TABLESPOON OF PODERE SUGAR
- 200ML OF SOUR CREAM
- STRAWBERRIES, LEMON AND SUGAR
- Blend McVitie’s Original Digestive with sugar cane, melt the butter and mix the three ingredients.
- Cover a baking tin with baking paper and pour the biscuits mixture at its bottom. Model borders too. Keep it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanillin until the mixture is smooth, than add cream cheese amalgamating until it will reach the right creaminess, without lumps.
- Add to the mixture lemon juice, cornstarch, a pinch of salt and cream, mix all together.
- Pour the obtained cream in the tin, level it well and put it in the oven at 180°C for 30 minutes, thaen lowertemperature to 160° and bake for other 30-40 minutes.
- Once completed baking, leave the cake rests into the turned-off oven with the door slightly open for circa 30 minutes, then put it in the fridge.
- When the cake will be cool enough, mix sour cream with sugar and pour the mixture on the top of the dessert leveling it.
- Lastly decorate with a mixture of strawberries, sugar and lemon (blended together).
MCVITIE’S CAKE POPS
Ingredients for 16 servings:
- 100 G DARK CHOCOLATE
- 250 G WHOLEWHEAT DIGESTIVE BISCUITS (E.G. MCVITIE’S ORIGINAL DIGESTIVES)
- 3–4 TABLESPOONS OF APRICOT JAM
- 100 G MARZIPAN PASTE
- RED FOOD COLOURING
- 500 G ICING SUGAR
- 3–4 TABLESPOONS OF MILK
- 3–4 TABLESPOONS OF LEMON JUICE
- BLUE FOOD COLOURING
- GRANULES OR VERMICELLI FOR DECORATION
- FREEZER BAG
- WOODEN SKEWERS
- CLING FILM
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and melt over a bowl of warm water. Remove 2 tablespoons from the chocolate and place to one side. Place the biscuits in portions into a freezer bag and crumble them finely using a rolling pin. Place the biscuit crumbs into a bowl. Mix with chocolate and jam. Form the mixture into 16 balls. Plunge the wooden skewers into the chocolate that was placed to one side and insert one into each of the balls. Freeze the cake-pops for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dye the marzipan with red food colouring. Knead with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar. Wrap the marzipan in cling film until it is to be used. Stir the remaining icing sugar, milk and lemon juice to a thick mixture. Divide the mixture into two. Dye one half of the mixture with blue food colouring.
- Roll out the marzipan to a thin sheet. Cover 3–4 cake-pops with the marzipan. Add 1 teaspoon of icing sugar to each of the cake-pops. Decorate at will with colourful granules or vermicelli. Plunge the remaining cake-pops into either white or blue icing sugar. Allow to dry for 5–10 minutes and decorate at will with granules or icing sugar. Roll out the remaining marzipan and cut out star shapes. Decorate the cake-pops with the star shapes. Place the cake-pops to cool until they are served.
Preparation time approximately. 1 3/4 hours. Per piece approximately 1130 kJ, 270 kcal. Protein 2g, Fat 7 g, Carbohydrates 48 g
LEMON CHEESECAKE COCKTAIL
- 35ML/1¼FL OZ VANILLA VODKA
- 1 TBSP LIMONCELLO
- 1 TBSP VANILLA SYRUP
- PINCH LEMON ZEST
- 1 TBSP NATURAL YOGHURT
- 1 HEAPED TBSP MASCARPONE
- 1 DIGESTIVE BISCUIT, CRUMBLED
- Place all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and shake hard.
- Strain the cocktail into a coupette glass and garnish with the crumbled biscuit.